Affiliated with Advanced Hearing and Balance Institute and Advanced Hearing Institute.
- Onsite Ear, Nose, and Throat physician
- Affiliations with several local Ear, Nose and Throat physicians
- Ototoxic Monitoring protocol
- Cerumen management (wax removal). Foreign body removal.
- Comprehensive balance assessments utilizing video electronystagmography and VEMP testing (Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential) to measure saccular and descending vestibular spinal system function, Dynamic Posturography and complete Balance Rehabilitation (in conjunction with LifeMark Physiotherapy).
- Cerumen (wax) and foreign object removal
- Auditory Processing Assessments
Comprehensive hearing aid cleaning and electroacoustic analysis to ensure a hearing aid is working in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
Hearing/Neural Integrity Assessments
- Comprehensive hearing assessments featuring state of the art testing equipment exclusive to our clinic.
- Otoacoustic emissions to assess outer hair cell dysfunction in the cochlea (a predictor of hearing loss) Electrocochleography for Meniere's disease or endolymphatic hydrops
- Auditory Brainstem Response testing to assess for retrocochlear pathology: acoustic and vestibular nerve tumours Auditory Steady State Response evaluations as an objective hearing measure
- Comprehensive Auditory Processing evaluations to investigate beyond the peripheral hearing system
- Tinnitus evaluations and Tinnitus habituation/retraining therapy
- Real Ear Measurements and three dimensional speech mapping to ensure hearing aid(s) are providing appropriate gain
Counseling and education on hearing loss, Aural Rehabilitation, tinnitus and balance disorders. The Advanced Group of Clinics is set to begin a new model of addressing the needs of our hearing impaired patients and will gear the "Hearing Aid Evaluations" to full "Communication Needs Assessments" in order to fully understand the communicative needs and demands of each patient. This will take our services beyond simply addressing the hearing test and word recognition scores in quiet. We will aim to incorporate both subjective and objective assessments in order to best determine what our primary goals will become and address those needs more appropriately (with or without hearing aids, communication devices and proven Auditory training programs).
Amplification and Accessories
- Hearing aid evaluations/verification and counseling
- Full line of hearing aid accessories and batteries
- Hearing aid cleaning tools
- Swim bands
- Miracel and wax softening liquids
- Hearing aid sales of all hearing aid sizes and manufacturers
- 60 day trial period on amplification systems
- Onsite repairs and service to all makes and models from all manufacturers
- Earmolds for behind-the-ear hearing aids Retubing of behind-the-ear earmolds Personal and educational FM systems
- Complete line of Assistive listening devices for the hearing impaired (alarm clocks; vibrating watches; TTYs; amplified telephones-both hard wired and portable; in-line telephone amplifiers; alerting systems; wireless television systems; Blue Tooth accessories for the phone, cel phone, and television; amplified stethoscopes; amplified fire/smoke detectors with strobe lights; Medic Alert attire for the hearing impaired; doorbell alerting systems; sound generators, etc.)
- Custom Musicians, Pilot, and Swim Plugs
- Custom Molds for MP3 / IPOD Headphones
- Custom Made Industrial Noise Protection
- Musicians Monitor Systems
- Tinnitus measurement, counseling, and Retraining Therapy/Tinnitus Habituation Therapy
- Counseling on Sound Generators and the Neurophysiologic Model of Tinnitus
Hearing Device Verification and Prescriptions
- Real Ear Measurement/3 Dimensional Speech Mapping - Ensuring that your hearing devices are providing adequate gain at each frequency for your hearing loss utilizing the most sophisticated procedures and equipment available on the market.
- Prescriptions for Hearing Devices and Assistive / Augmentative Listening Devices.
Services offered in English, French and Sign Language